E-glass fibreglass cloth
Showing 1–12 of 21 results
- £6.95 FEATURED Hexcel PREMIUM 1125 Volan 2 oz x 126 cm / 50 inch fibreglass
- from £2.53 FEATURED Hexcel PREMIUM 471 6oz x 80 cm fibreglass
- from £2.03 FEATURED Hexcel PREMIUM 1522 4oz x 65 cm fibreglass
- from £2.52 FEATURED Hexcel PREMIUM 1522 4oz x 80 cm fibreglass
- from £2.14 FEATURED Hexcel PREMIUM 471 6 oz x 65 cm fibreglass
- £2.79 Aerialite 6 oz x 30" (76 cm) fibreglass
- £1.78 Aerialite fibreglass 135 gm 4.2 oz Warp 76 cm
- £1.78 Aerialite fibreglass 203 gm 6oz Warp Glass 63cm
- £1.76 Aerialite fibreglass 4 oz Warp Glass 68 cm
- £2.65 Aerialite fibreglass 4 oz x 30" (76 cm)
- £1.99 Aerialite fibreglass 6 oz 27" (68 cm)
- £5.50 Aerialite fibreglass X WEAVE 220 gm 25 inch
E-Glass is the industry standard glassfibre cloth – usually a straight weave with a balance of fabric in the warp and weft of the cloth. Seabase stocks a wide and varied range of e-glass cloths of exceptional quality of clarity, cleanliness, wet-out and drapability for marine craft construction ,but especially for surfboards and SUP’s.
Glassfibre is a material consisting of numerous extremely fine fibres of glass. Glass makers throughout history have experimented with glass fibres, but mass manufacture of glass fibre was only made possible with the invention of finer machine tooling. Glass fibre has roughly comparable mechanical properties to other fibres such as polymers and carbon fibre. Although not as strong or as rigid as carbon fibre, it is much cheaper and significantly less brittle when used in composites. Glass fibres are therefore used as a reinforcing agent for many polymer products; to form a very strong and relatively lightweight fibre reinforced polymers (FRP) composite material called glass-reinforced plastics (GRP), also popularly known as “fiberglass”. – thanks wikipedia.